Oh damn

Don't you hate it when you have an email exchange with someone and you flub up and say something stupid, then you can't take it back, because you didn't know you were saying something stupid in the first place? Then, when it's brought to your attention, you feel like an idiot, and the only thing you can do is pull up your bootstraps, or whatever they call it, and go about your day feeling like a total idiot? I think those who know me know that I end up feeling that way far too often, as I have a tendency not to filter out my thoughts. They say that's the reason they love me, but who could love a faux pasian nincompoop? One time I told a pregnant lady, "Well, you're still pregnant!" not thinking for a moment that I might be referring to a miscarriage. I thought I was just being jovial or something. ARGH. What am I talking about? This self-flagellation has to stop. Here, somebody else take the crop for a while.

I'm going to make some t-shirts today for Evan's kids. I always get butterflies in my stomach before making them because there are so many ways to screw up the whole process. They end up turning out fabulous, but I can't help imagining the worst. One person suggested it's because I wasn't nurtured as a child that I project a sense of gloom and doom into projects. That may be the case, but I'm not sure I'll ever know.